Rich People vs Poor Planet in COVID-19

HOW COVID-19 DIFFERENTIATED PEOPLE  

When I was small child I were taught there is  one planet for the human race  it's called planet Earth but now that I  am older I realised that is a lie there  are two planets not one planet for the  rich and another for the poor and Covid-19 may be a lot more dangerous in one among these planets this is income inequality  and it's a big deal right now for the  next jiffy.

Rich People vs Poor Planet in COVID-19


 I would like to require you on a  journey around the world to show you  just how different those two planets are  this journey starts in Brazil here  millions of people live in a favela it's  a slum built on mountains where the  people are poor electricity goes out  over time and living conditions are very  basic and this slum is literally right  next to the rich neighbourhood with  tennis courts pools and loss of space  this is income inequality in one sad  image yes we are all in this together  but COVID19 is much more dangerous in  these packed houses


Moving on to San Francisco. San Francisco is one of the richest cities in the world where a fancy ice-cream cost me seven dollars they make it by minimising the crystals between the ice cream molecules so that it becomes extra creamy that's good it's good but right outside the fancy shop you see this homelessness in San Francisco the top 1% and the bottom 1% live in the same city but they don't live together in fact they rarely interact.

Rich People vs Poor Planet in COVID-19


In India I went to Mumbai and I checked into the Four Seasons luxury hotel on a petite because I wanted to treat myself for one fancy night. Only to open the window and see this just loves of Mumbai the Four Seasons was built ashore that want to be slums and in those slums COVID 19 spreads much much faster than it does in a five-star hotel this is income inequality that can literally kill you.


 In South Africa I saw the worst inequality of my life between the blacks and the whites it's where villas are built right next to swans and inside those slums millions of black people live some of them got public bathrooms only  five years ago. 


These slums are so cramped that it's almost impossible to  social distance and stay safe by now  it's very obvious we have one planet for  the rich and another planet for the poor  but the crazy thing is from the inside  these two planets are actually very  similar one day.

I went to spend the  night in one of the slums in South  Africa even when people warned me not to  do it do that because they're going to  rob you mean these people are their  house today and there I met the most  generous humans despite not having much  they opened their homes to me and their  heart is such a lot and that is the purpose we  may live in different planets but we  really aren't the same. 


In Kenya I  decided to get to half haircuts half a  haircut in the rich area and another  half within the poor area the value was $10  here. $1 here and the outcome was the  similar 


In India Where I bought a shirt from the  rich area and another shirt from the  poor area $60 vs. $4 I cut them in half

and sued them together and the result  was the same  in our little planets we actually want  similar things but our lives are not the  same especially in a pandemic.


 From India  to Brazil to the United States to South  Africa to Kenya COVID-19 is a lot more  dangerous in Planet poor it's much  harder when you don't have public  bathrooms it's much harder when you live  in cramped areas. It's much harder when  you don't have access to a hospital this  is not supposed to make you hate the  rich I have no problem with rich people  good for you.

I have a problem with  extreme poverty why are we ignoring it  why is this not on everyone's newsfeed  especially right now I don't know how to  fix income inequality but I do know if  we want to beat COVID-19 then we need  one planet instead of two right now and  that should be Planet Earth see you next  time.

Please subscribe my blogs


Post a Comment

1 Comments